For the Bevmo 5 cent wine sale lovers out there like me: the discount is on!
I went to my local Bevmo this weekend and walked away with 10 bottles and saved $75. I got a mixture of oldies, but goodies and new wines I’ve never tried. Look out for blog posts about the newbies on the list.
- 2 bottles of 2012 Main & Geary Pinot Grigio, California
- 2 bottles of 2013 Lillie’s Collection Sauvignon Blanc, North Coast
- 2 bottles of 2012 Red Tree Pinot Noir, Sonoma County
- 2 bottles of 2013 Tapiz Malbec, Mendoza
- 2 bottles of 2012 Stateland Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles
And to top it all off, while waiting in line at the cash register, I saw the Ommegang Game of Thrones beer. It’s called Fire and Blood and has a dragon on the label!
I was going to a Game of Thrones premiere party that night, so I had to grab a bottle. This red isn’t sour like Imperial or Scottish reds, rather it was reminiscent of a Belgian Dubbel. It had that weighted feeling as the beer makes it’s way down your tongue.